Sunday, September 30, 2012

16 Weeks



Sunday, September 30, 2012
How far along? 16 weeks
Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: Up 1 pound this week for a total gain of +6 pounds

Maternity clothes? Rocking some leggings but for the most part still in my regular shirts, dresses, and pants with Bella Band assistance.

Stretch marks? none yet

Sleep: Slept through the night twice this week!  But other than that, still waking up once to use the bathroom.  I’ve always been a stomach sleeper, and that is still the most comfortable.  Wonder how much longer I’ll be able to get away with that…

Best moment this week: Having some help from my wonderful parents getting a few long-overdue projects done around this house.  (Gosh, my life is exciting…)

Miss Anything? Nothing new…    

What’s Baby Like? According to The Bump, Baby is now the size of an avocado.   This week Baby can start hearing our voices.  Eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to fill in and taste buds are starting to form.  Baby is about 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces.  (Which, I know, is a lot bigger than it was, but seriously folks, I’ve gained 6 pounds and the baby isn’t even 1?  Not fair.)

Movement: According to The Bump, some moms-to-be start feeling movement in the 16th week as tiny flutters.  It’s still pretty early though, especially for a first pregnancy, and I’ve felt nothing that I think is Baby moving yet.  Anxiously awaiting it though…

Food cravings: Still nothing. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.

Gender: Will be a surprise.

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: Still not much to report here; although, I think my belly is starting to show a bit.  I don’t think to a stranger it would be obvious that I am pregnant, but to those that know me, I’ve certainly got more of a belly than I’ve ever had before.
Belly Button in or out? Most definitely in.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Still overall happy.  Just a few moments lately of getting quickly overwhelmed by how much normal, everyday stuff I have to do.  It’s a lot of work teaching full time, taking a class, keeping up with exercise, laundry, cooking, cleaning….. and you know, taking care of me to take care of Lucky…  Honestly though, I get overwhelmed by that stuff on a regular basis, so I don’t think I can actually blame the pregnancy hormones (although I totally still am!).
Looking forward to: Fall feels like it’s here!  Cooler weather, changing leaves, soups and chilies, pumpkin everything….  Hoping that the weather holds for this coming weekend, so we can take Lucky for a ‘first trip’ to the cider mill.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a "bump" although depending on your clothes and your posture it can still be pretty much camouflaged. Looking Great! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete