Monday, September 17, 2012

14 Weeks

I don't know, maybe I'm just being impatient, but 14 weeks feels like nothing, like I could still be imagining this whole thing...  And although I am happy that I haven't had any severe symptoms, I am anxious for the good stuff that will make it feel real: movement, looking pregnant and not like I just haven't exercised in several weeks, movement, feeling like I can buy stuff for baby, oh and did I mention movement...

But in the meantime, science tells me that this is in fact real, that there is a baby with a beating heart in there somewhere, and that this tiny little miracle is growing and moving away whether I can feel it or not!


Sunday, September 16, 2012
How far along? 14 weeks
Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: Up half a pound this week, for +5 pounds overall.

Maternity clothes? Regular dresses, shirts, and dress pants all still fit.  Rocking the Bella band with jeans and feeling like true maternity jeans won’t be far behind, at least for the comfort factor…  I don’t have anything like a true belly that requires maternity clothes yet.

Stretch marks? none yet

Sleep: Good.  Now waking up between 1:30 and 3:30.  Usually only once.  And falling back to sleep without a problem afterwards, which is nice.  The upside to the emotional and physical exhaustion that comes with full time teaching I guess!

Best moment this week: Taking Lucky to his “first” U of M game. J  It was a beautiful day, Alex was happy that Michigan won, and it was my first time at The Big House as a spectator.  Although, mental note: bleacher seats are not comfortable.  I had to move around and stretch a lot because my back and hips were getting sore and stiff.  I saw several women far more pregnant than I there, and I’m not sure how they stuck it out…  I told Alex that if we ever go to a game when I'm more pregnant than this, plan to leave early!


Miss Anything? Nothing new anyway… 

What’s Baby Like? According to The Bump, Baby is now the size of a lemon.   Baby is wiggling its toes, sucking its thumb, making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid.  It is also growing lanugo, thin downy hair, all over its body for warmth.  Baby is 3.4 inches long and weights 1.5 ounces.

Movement: Nope.  I can’t wait for this!

Food cravings: Still nothing. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.

Gender: Will be a surprise.

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: Nothing super obvious.  A bit stiff between my shoulder blades, but I’m not sure if that’s pregnancy related or just a result of how much more time I spend at the computer now that I’m back to work and taking a class. Trying to make a point of sitting up as straight as possible when I do so.
I may also be getting some occasional headaches, but they aren’t bad and seem to occur only when I am really hungry – first thing in the morning, right before dinner etc.  As soon as I eat, the headache disappears, so I can’t really complain.

 Belly Button in or out? Most definitely in.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Still very happy.  I'm surprised since I tend to get moody when hormones start a raging.  I'll take it though!  However, when I do get upset, tears are pretty much instantaneous.

Looking forward to: Amy is coming for a MI visit in a week! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment