Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Citrus Glazed Chicken

If the weather isn't quite up to grilling (fall wind and rain anyone?), but you want one last taste of summer, I recommend this recipe.

Recipe: (from Sweet Peas and Pumpkins)
juice of 2 oranges
zest of 1 orange
1 tablespoon honey (I skipped because the unprocessed honey I prefer is not good for Lucky)
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (I used breasts, thighs work too)

In a glass baking dish, mix all ingredients except chicken.  Stir well to fully combine.

Add the chicken and move around to make sure it is fully coated in marinade.  Marinade in refrigerator at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  The recipe had directions to use jelly roll pans and oven racks and some such nonsense.  I just used a baking dish.  It worked.

Bake 40 minutes for breasts, 20-25 for thighs.

Verdict:
So moist and juicy.  And I only marinated for the 30 minutes because preggo was hungry!  Loved the citrus flavor and the blend of sweetness was perfect even without the honey.  In fact, I don't think I'll add the honey in the future.  It's not needed.  I' betting this could also be grilled if you're in the mood for it.  The only downside is that I don't typically buy oranges.  I just don't love eating them.  So I have to plan to make this even though 90% of the ingredients are always in my kitchen...


No comments:

Post a Comment