Sunday, September 16, 2012

Busy Night Brussels Sprouts

School is starting... and for me that means busy days and little time at nights...  I still want to make home-cooked meals as healthfully and as often as possible, but I need to start looking for time savers.  I love these brussels sprouts.  But they take some time.  And several pots and pans. 

Enter frozen brussels sprouts.

Thaw in refrigerator overnight.

Toss into the same marinade for 30 minutes.

Skip the skewers and toss into a grilling basket (or pan).  Cook.  (Oh, even better, I lined the grilling tray with foil.  Toss.  Dishes done.  Love.)

Genius.

They were a bit mushier this time round.  For Alex this was a good thing; he likes mushy vegetables.  I still prefer the original, time-consuming variety, but this is a great busy night substitute.  The flavor was good.  Healthy vegetables on the plate (and feeding Lucky lots of vitamins!).  Less dishes to wash.

Winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment