Sunday, September 23, 2012

15 Weeks


Sunday, September 23, 2012
How far along? 15 weeks
Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: No gain or loss this week.  Still up a total of 5 pounds.  I’m definitely eating plenty but also exercising a lot, and I’ve gained right in the middle of the recommended amount for this point in my pregnancy.  When a week comes along and I’ve gained 5 pounds overnight, I’ll remember these early weeks and not feel bad about it…

Maternity clothes? Technically, no.  But I’m in a weird place clothes wise.  Basically I’ve gained only enough weight that I notice, especially when getting dressed.  I’m not at all upset about the weight gain just frustrated with the in-between clothes phase that feels like it has been dragging on for weeks!   A good portion of my regular clothes still fit, but I’ve gained enough weight that they don’t look and feel like I am used to them looking and feeling.  So that’s fun.  And my maternity clothes (which are the only ‘new’ clothes I have) are still too big to be needed.  Getting dressed is pretty much the most frustrating part of my day (and I teach English to teenagers!), and I can’t wait for my belly to just pop already!

Stretch marks? none yet

Sleep: Waking up between 1:30 and 4:30.  Usually only once.  And falling back to sleep afterwards, which is nice, unless it’s a 4:30 wakeup on a weekday.  Hard to fall asleep when I know my alarm is going off in 30 minutes.  Sleeping on my stomach and right side are still the most comfortable.  I’ve tested out sleeping on my left side since that will eventually be considered ‘best.’  But I can’t seem to fall asleep on that side.  Odd…

Best moment this week: Spending Sunday with Amy!  It feels like forever since I’ve seen her and with Lucky and the new house, a lot has changed.

Miss Anything? It’s about time for pumpkin beer.  And pumpkin spice lattes.  And the pumpkin coffee for the Keurig.    

What’s Baby Like? According to The Bump, Baby is now the size of an orange.   Baby’s legs are now longer than its arms and all four limbs have functional joints.  Even though I can’t feel it, Baby Lucky is squirming and possibly even hiccupping.  Baby should weigh about 2.5 ounces and measure about 4 inches long (still so tiny!).

Movement: Nope.  I can’t wait for this!  According to The Bump this could start happening soon though…

Food cravings: Still nothing. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.

Gender: Will be a surprise.  One thing to note: my face is breaking out like crazy and old wives’ tales say that that means girl.  But I never really got sick and other old wives’ tales say that that means boy….  So still a toss up!

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: Overall this still feels like the least symptomatic pregnancy ever.  Nothing super obvious.  A few headaches but still not bad and generally related to being hungry, so they are easy to handle and fix.   Still some stiffness in my upper back, but I’m still putting that down to work.  Depending on bladder, bloat, and recent food intake I sometimes look like I have a bit of a belly.  Mostly in the evening.  (Amy noticed it today as well, so I’m not just crazy.)  But it is still going away by the next morning.  The Bump says I may start to experience nosebleeds, swollen gums, heartburn, and/or indigestion, but I’ve been lucky on those counts so far.
Belly Button in or out? Most definitely in.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy happy and for the most part less stressed than I usually am about things like the start of the school year.  But if I get overwhelmed, I can’t not burst into tears.  It just seems like I have a much longer than normal breaking point….

Looking forward to: Keeping an eye out for movement.  And next weekend (as of right now), we have nothing planned in what seems like forever.  Maybe we can actually get a few projects done around the house…



1 comment:

  1. I don't know about old wives' tales but I was definitely sicker with Greg than I was with you.

    ReplyDelete