Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chicken Sausage with Peaches

I love peaches, and I love grilling, and the season for both is quickly coming to end....  Most area farms also lost about 90% of their peaches thanks to our freakish spring weather.  But we were lucky enough to score some fresh Romeo peaches over Labor Day weekend, and I found a new recipe to help us enjoy them.

Recipe: (from Real Simple) *This was originally a skewer recipe, but I modified it because I didn't have skewers; I also did not make the green beans.

2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste
4 fully cooked chicken sausage links
2 peaches (or plums) pitted and cut into wedges

In a large bowl, toss the sausage and peaches with the olive oil and some salt and pepper.  (Actually, I think I was avoiding unnecessary dishes that night and just drizzled...)

Add the sausage and peaches to a grilling basket.

Place on grill.  Cook.

Enjoy!

Verdict:  Great!  And very simple.  Loved pairing the sweet peaches with the savory sausage.  Definitely would like to try on skewers some time, and the green beans look fabulous too.  But if you can get your hands on some peaches this year, give this recipe a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment