Sunday, October 28, 2012

20 Weeks


Sunday, October 28, 2012
How far along? 20 weeks or 5 months – that’s crazy!
 Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: Up just over 1 pound this week for a total gain of just under 10.5 pounds

Maternity clothes? And the in-between stage continues; although, I would say this is the first week that I am wearing more maternity clothes than regular clothes.  Leggings are still the best fit.  I have a few pairs of regular pants I can wear, but they are getting tighter.  I do wear a few pairs of maternity pants, but I am constantly having to pull them up.  Shirts are about 50/50 as long as the regular shirts are longer or have a long tank underneath.  Regular dresses still fit.

Stretch marks? none yet

Sleep: A few nights where I have slept straight through and a few nights where I have woken up restless around 2 or 3 in the morning.  But overall still sleeping well.

Best moment this week: Seeing our baby at our ultrasound appointment!  Despite my lack of ‘real’ symptoms, there is a real little baby in there!  Even though I can’t feel it, baby was quite active in there, rolling around and making it difficult for the tech to get clear pictures of its heart. 

Miss Anything? Purple People Eaters at our Halloween party….

What’s Baby Like? According to The Bump, Baby is now the size of a banana.  They must mean length-wise because overall I do not think a banana is bigger than a mango.  Baby is about 6.5 inches long and 10.6 ounces.  (According to the ultrasound, Lucky is about 12 ounces, which is the 50th %ile.  Of course, it’s all just an estimate at this point.) Baby is making meconumium, has working taste buds, and is sucking down several ounces of amniotic fluid a day.

Movement: Well, clearly Lucky is moving.  We’ve seen it.  Despite lots of poking and prodding, I’m still not feeling it.  Apparently my placenta is attached to the front, which is ‘cushioning the blow’ of Lucky’s movement.  I won’t feel anything until he or she gets stronger.  (If there was one thing I could change about this pregnancy, it would be feeling movement sooner.  I’m going crazy waiting for this!)

Food cravings: Nope.  I like food.  Same foods as always. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.

Gender: Not only do we want to wait to find out, but it appears that Lucky wants us to wait to find out too!  During the ultrasound his or her legs were curled up, knees by the head, so that the technician was unable to determine the gender.  Now even the doctor has to wait.  Ha!  Good baby.

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: Well apparently I have been feeling ‘round ligament pain’ for a couple of weeks and didn’t realize it because I had a total misconception of what that would feel like.  I thought it would be in my hips, a constant pain, and actually painful.  You know, since the word pain is in the name and all.  Turns out those ‘cramps’ I have been feeling were round ligament pain, which occurs nowhere near the hips and is only an occasional sharp jab.  I also may have felt my first Braxton-Hicks contraction earlier in the week when getting up from a squat.  I didn’t realize it at the time, but all of a sudden my stomach felt tight and hard and after a few seconds it just went away.  So… Maybe…???
It’s crazy to me that I am 5 months pregnant, almost halfway done with this experience, and I still don’t even feel pregnant 98% of the time.  Trust me, I’m not complaining (well, except about the movement), but it is still surreal to think that there is a real live human in there…
Belly Button in or out? Most definitely in.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time.  But I am getting more impatient, more often, and more quickly.  So just, you know, stay on my good side. J  I also tear up at seemingly random things more and more often.  I’m not crying; I’m not sad; I just suddenly feel emotional or sentimental out of nowhere.

Looking forward to: Halloween!  It was fun having our ‘early’ Halloween celebration at my aunt and uncle’s house with all of my cousins’ kids getting dressed up, and this week we’ll get to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood for the first time.  This coming weekend is also our housewarming party.  We’ve only lived here since July…  It’s about time!


1 comment:

  1. I remember looking at my stomach all the way thru and thinking it was "surreal".The reality of a real human being in your tummy really hits as soon as he or she is out! The "Miracle Of Birth"

    ReplyDelete