Monday, November 5, 2012

21 Weeks

-->
Sunday, November 4, 2012
This is a crazy, busy weekend with literally every moment spoken for, and so much getting left undone that needs to be done. But I am taking a few minutes to do this journal anyway, and all my other obligations can just wait.  I need a few minutes amidst the craziness to focus on my baby.
How far along? 21 weeks, so about halfway.  It’s absurd how non-pregnant I feel, yet I am theoretically halfway done.
 Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain:  Up 1.5 pounds this week for a total gain of almost 12 pounds.  On the high side for one week’s gain, but considering this week involved Halloween, 2 family parties, and limited opportunity to exercise… it could have been much worse!  Running around like a crazy person apparently does burn calories…

Maternity clothes? I never thought I’d be saying this half-way through my pregnancy, but I am still in that in-between stage!  Does it ever end?!  I am wearing more maternity clothes than regular clothes for sure, but a few regular shirts, jackets, sweats, dresses, etc. are still fitting.  I do wear my maternity pants, but they definitely don’t actually fit.  By the end of the day, I feel like I am going to walk right out of them.  Leggings and dresses are the most comfortable and fit the best; unfortunately, I really only have two tops that are long enough to wear with leggings.  I can’t be the only pregnant woman having this problem, so why on Earth don’t the maternity stores carry more leggings-worthy tops?

Stretch marks? none yet

Sleep: Falling asleep with no problem at all, but if I get woken up by something in the middle of the night (a phone call for Alex, my bladder, etc.), it can be difficult to fall back asleep.  But in general, still sleeping well.

Best moment this week: Although it was one of the busiest weeks in recent memory, I loved how much time we got to spend with family and friends.  It’s also great to realize how far I’ve come in this pregnancy still feeling so fantastic.    
 
Miss Anything? Duh.  (the wine glass in the above picture only has sparkling cider...)

What’s Baby Like? According to The Bump, Baby is now the size of a pomegranate.  Baby is 10.5 inches long and weighs about 12.7 ounces.  Apparently taste buds are already working, and after they are born, babies are more interested in tasting foods they were used to while in utero.  So I need to step up my vegetable game!

Movement: I’m still not feeling a darn thing.  :(

Food cravings: Nope.  I like food.  Same foods as always. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: No but I can sometimes get too full if I eat a large meal.  I just eat smaller meals more frequently.

Gender: Surprise for everybody!

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: The occasional round ligament pain along with very occasional Braxton-Hicks contractions – like one or two a week.  They are still only associated with specific movement: getting up from a squatting position when I’ve used my abdominal muscles more than I probably should.  But 95% of the time, I don’t even feel pregnant.
Belly Button in or out? Most definitely in.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time.  I have had a couple moments of total meltdown in the last week.  There’s just a lot, outside of being pregnant, going on, and when it finally gets to me, it’s not a pretty sight.  Fortunately I have a super supportive husband and super supportive parents.  Once I finish my stupid Thursday night class, I’ll be golden.

Looking forward to: This coming weekend Alex and I are taking a short trip to a B and B in Houghton Lake.  Nothing major, but we haven’t been away just the two of us, just because since our Honeymoon.   And who knows how long post-baby it will be before we get the chance again.  So happy to soak up some time together with no house or work obligations for 48 hours.  Also, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for my stupid graduate class.  December 6th cannot come soon enough!  If I’m ever pregnant in the fall again, I will not be adding a night class into the mix.  Not an easy time of year for teachers. 
And I know this is crazy far in advance, but after seeing all of our adorable trick-or-treaters this year, I am so excited for Lucky’s first Halloween!  I’m thinking total family coordination of costumes.  And yes, Alex is on board.

1 comment:

  1. Mom has dusted off her sewing machine and is anxious to assist with those Halloween costumes! I loved making your Halloween costumes when you were little!

    ReplyDelete