Sunday, October 7, 2012

17 Weeks


Sunday, October 7, 2012
How far along? 17 weeks
 Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: Up .6 this week for a total of +6.6 pounds.  My midwife was happy with my weight gain at my appointment last week, so I’m happy too.

Maternity clothes? Still in that frustrating in-between stage…  Mixing maternity leggings with regular pants (aided by a Bella band or the hair tie trick).  My regular shirts still fit, but I often layer them with extra long tank tops underneath to hide the elastic or the fact that I’m walking around with my pants essentially unbuttoned.  Classy.  My maternity pants still have a bit too much room to them, but I’ve worn them a few times anyway.  They are more comfortable.  Plus, when I put on my regular pants, I feel fat.  When I put on maternity pants, I feel pregnant.   I fully realize that it’s all in my head, but if it makes me feel better, I don’t care!

Stretch marks? none yet

Sleep: Still good.  Still usually one early morning wake-up. Sleeping more on my side, but it’s difficult to fall asleep sometimes on my left side, so once in awhile I cave and sleep on my stomach a little.  It’s not uncomfortable yet.

Best moment this week: Getting the all-clear from my midwife that everything looks exactly as it should.  Finally getting a laundry tub!  Thanks hubby and dad!

Miss Anything? Saw some Witches Brew wine when shopping at Meijer yesterday…    Sigh…

What’s Baby Like? According to The Bump, Baby is now the size of an onion.  Baby is 5.1 inches long and weighs about 5.9 ounces.   Its skeleton is turning from cartilage to bone and fat is accumulating.  (come on chubby cheeks!) 

Movement: Nothing yet.  Since I’m a first timer, my midwife says I will probably feel flutters around weeks 19 or 20.  I’m not a patient person though, so I’ve been trying to convince Lucky to give me little kick.  Yes, yes, I am trying to bribe the unborn.  (And no, it’s not working.)

Food cravings: I don’t know if this counts or not, but for awhile every time I thought about ‘What’s for Dinner?” Mexican would pop into my head.  I insisted on Mexican last night, and it was oh so good.  I won’t count it as an official craving though until it sticks around for awhile… 

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.

Gender: We don’t want to find out until the baby comes, but that doesn’t mean I am above investigating Old Wives’ Tales.  So far, the heartbeat of 155 suggests Girl.  The Mayans say that it’s a Boy based on my age at conception (29) and the year of conception (2012).  I’ve been breaking out, which points to Girl.  And I had almost no morning sickness, which means Boy.  What have we learned from all this?  Old Wives’ Tales are crap.  :-P   Any other theories I should investigate?

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: I’ve been feeling a little crampy off and on.  Which is supposedly growing pains in the uterus.  Makes sense.  And my belly gets a bit itchy at night.  Overall though, I still don’t feel pregnant.  Either I’m really lucky.  Or it will catch up to me and I’m going to hit a wall and feel like crap at some point.  Or exercising during pregnancy really is as magical as everyone promises.  (More likely a combination of all three.)
Belly Button in or out? Most definitely in.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Still overall happy.  One emotional moment Friday night.  Grey’s Anatomy made me start crying (I know, lame), and I literally could not stop.  I was sobbing.  You would have thought there was a real-life tragedy rather than just on TV.  This went on for like 20 minutes after the show ended. 

Looking forward to: Still haven’t been to the cider mill because the weekend weather was so icky.  But we’ll be heading to Chicago this weekend to visit Uncle Greg!  Can’t wait!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, there is another wives tale to investigate. When you are further along we have to do the spinning needle test. Don't worry, the needle doesn't come close to you. I wouldn't suggest anything to hurt you or "Lucky"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a wedding ring test... Either way, we should try it. I need a tie breaker!

      Delete
  2. love your blog! just a tip from a former first time mom (my guy is 8 months today!), invest in some compression stockings to prevent swelling - I still live in mine because they make my legs feel so much better, especially at work. careful, there are some ugly options out there - I found Preggers and they have fashion colors and even leggings.

    ReplyDelete