Thursday, May 10, 2012

Grilled Asparagus

This hardly even qualifies for recipe status.... But I'm loving grilled vegetables so much lately that I just had to post about it!

What You Need:
asparagus
olive oil
salt
pepper

Does it get any simpler?

Drizzle the asparagus with a bit of olive oil.  Lightly season with salt and pepper.

Place on grilling tray.

Enjoy.

For me?  Tastes best along some simple grilled salmon, seasoned only with olive oil, salt, pepper, and dill.  One of my all-time favorite grilled dishes.

Verdict:
Maybe slightly overcooked, but it was our first time grilling asparagus.... And Alex likes his veggies, ahem, well done.... So we'll just have to learn to take mine off a few minutes sooner.

But overall, I am loving the taste and simplicity of some grilled veggies alongside a piece of salmon so expect to see these grilling trays making frequent appearances as we experiment with all sorts of grilled vegetables this spring and summer.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw a grilled asparagus recipe on William Sonoma. In addition to what you used they added a little balsamic vinegar to the seasonings and then when they are done you sprinkle some lemon zest over them. I want those grilling trays!

    ReplyDelete