Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Diva's Wish List: A Vitamix!

Must. Have. This.

My mom got one a few weeks ago, and this past weekend at home was my first opportunity to experience this amazingness that is this high powered blender.  What an awesome way to eat plenty of veggies all.day.long.  And as healthfully as I try to eat, and as much as I try to get in a variety of super food veggies, I still know I need to eat more and eat them more often throughout the day rather than just at dinner.

This will absolutely do the trick.

While I was home, my mom made me a few different 'green drinks' and each one was delicious.  And pretty easy to make.  She does loosely follow 'recipes' but also adapts for what she has in the kitchen and what she feels like taste-wise.

Step one: Cram all sorts of brightly colored fruits and veggies into super-powered blender.

Step two: Press Go!

Step three: Pour and enjoy

I definitely need one of these for my own.  It really blends more thoroughly than a regular blender.  You can grind up whole parts of fruits and vegetables that you don't usually eat (think apples - core, stem, seeds, and all) and get even more fiber and antioxidants that when you just eat the fruit or veggie whole.

This bad boy even cleans itself.  How many appliances can say that?

1 comment: