Sunday, December 30, 2012

29 Weeks


Sunday, December 30, 2012
How far along? 29 weeks 
 Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: Up two pounds this week. Total gain of 22.8 pounds.  Better than three but still.  I am so over the holidays.

Maternity clothes? Yes.

Stretch marks? Not yet.

Sleep: Overall better sleep this week except for last night.  I’ve been enjoying the opportunity to sleep in as well.

Best moment this week: Christmas.  We were able to see most of our families.  We enjoyed our last Christmas to get spoiled since from here on out, it will be all about the kids.  And even Lucky got spoiled especially for someone not even born yet!

Miss Anything? Same old, same old…

What’s Baby Like? According to The Bump, Baby is now the size of an acorn squash.  Which makes no sense considering how much larger a cantaloupe is than an acorn squash.  But whatever.   Baby is going through a growth spurt and putting on some fat.  Let’s hope so considering the state of the scale this week and last.  Supposedly Baby will triple in weight before birth, so I have more of this to look forward to (can you tell that the weight gain is not my favorite part of pregnancy?).   The Bump says I may also be able to feel hiccups soon, but I haven’t yet.

Movement: About the same.  Lucky just seems to know when other people are anxious to feel his or her kicks and just stops.  And, oddly, he or she seems to already know that Christmas morning means waking mommy up super early and kicked pretty much non-stop that morning from 4 am to 6 am. It’s the only time that’s ever happened.

Food cravings: Still milk.

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.  In general I’m just sick of food.  I think it’s more of an overindulgence at the holidays thing than a pregnancy thing, but I just don’t ever want to eat.  So I go far too long between meals and get starving.  Which then makes me tired and crabby.   Which is fun for everyone. 

Gender: Surprise for everybody!

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: Tired legs and feet.  No noticeable leg cramps this week.  Noticing that I get out of breath more and more.  And getting easily tired again.  I guess I really am done with the second trimester…
Belly Button in or out? Still in but pretty flat.

Wedding rings on or off? Still on but feeling snug when I get really warm.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Either happy OR moody. Mostly good days but these last couple I have just felt over everything.  And overwhelmed.  And just done.  I usually get like this between Christmas and New Year’s because I’m just done with the holidays, ready for life to be normal, yet not ready for vacation to end because I didn’t get done nearly enough.  I think pregnancy is just exacerbating my usual late December state of mind…

Looking forward to: Spending my birthday morning getting pampered: pre-natal massage, manicure, pedicure, the works!  Maybe that will get me out of this funk I’m suddenly in…




1 comment:

  1. You look adorable in your pics, Ali. Although I know you hate the weight gain you were so tiny before you started that even with a 22 lb gain, you still look smaller than most girls I have seen at 29 weeks.

    ReplyDelete