Sunday, December 16, 2012

27 Weeks


Sunday, December 16, 2012
How far along? 27 weeks
 Due Date: March 17th – 3 months away!
Total weight gain: Up a bit under .5 pounds this week for a total gain of about 18 pounds.

Maternity clothes? Yes.  And still searching for some comfy clothes and some workout clothes and probably a few more pairs of pajamas; I really only have one pre-pregnancy pair that is comfortable. 

Stretch marks? Not yet.

Sleep: Still sleeping well.

Best moment this week: Celebrating an early Christmas with extended family; passing my gestational diabetes test in time for Christmas cookie season!

Miss Anything? Christmas cocktails – Guess I’ll have to replace those calories with cookies…

What’s Baby Like? According to The Bump, Baby is now the size of a rutabaga and is showing brain activity.  Hmmm… Maybe that’s why my brain activity is slowing down…    Length is 13.6 – 14.8 inches and weight is 1.5 – 2.5 pounds.

Movement: Still going.  Most of the movement is down low near my bladder, so I think Lucky is still breach.  There is some movement up by my ribs, just not as much.  Maybe Lucky is punching or head-butting or just somersaulting around.  All in all, the movement is mild in my opinion.  So far, I have a pretty chill baby in there.

Food cravings: Milk!  And peanut butter.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Gender: Surprise for everybody!

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: I made it almost the whole week with no calf cramps then was awoken Saturday morning by simultaneous cramps in both calves.  Sigh.  Legs and feet still always tired. Pretty sure that will never go away.  Generally feeling great though.  Given the torturous looking list of potential side effects listed on the internet, I have nothing to complain about.
Belly Button in or out? Still in.

Wedding rings on or off? Still on but feeling snug at times, especially when I first wake up in the morning.

Happy or Moody most of the time: I don’t think I had any moody moments this week, and when asked at a party, my husband actually said that I have not been moody during this pregnancy!

Looking forward to: Last.  Week.  Of School.  Christmas.  My Birthday.  Snow.

1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous. Now about that "snow' you are looking forward to... Could you please put in an order so we actually get some. Your Dad and I barbecued hot dogs yesterday. It was 58 degrees!

    ReplyDelete