Monday, December 24, 2012

28 Weeks


Sunday, December 23, 2012
How far along? 28 weeks and officially in the third trimester

 Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: Up almost three pounds this week. Three.  What?  And I’ve still got the actual holidays to get through…  Guess I am making up for the relatively low totals of the last two weeks.  Total gain of 20.8 pounds.  Yikes.

Maternity clothes? Yes.  Although I’ve realized that true maternity pajamas are hard to find.  Most are more nursing pajamas and the shirts aren’t necessarily long enough to cover the bump.  I may be sleeping in Alex’s pajamas before long…

Stretch marks? Not yet.

Sleep: This week I’ve started sleeping well when I first go to bed, but after the first time I wake up to use the bathroom, I struggle to fall back asleep. Sometimes I lie awake until my alarm goes off.  Sometimes I toss and turn.  And most frustrating of all, sometimes I fall asleep right around 4:45… Just in time for my alarm to go off minutes later…  I’m grateful for the good sleep the first half of the night at least.

Best moment this week: Quite frankly, that it’s over.  This was an incredibly frustrating and stressful week, and knowing that I’ll never have to live through it again was about the only think that kept me going.

Miss Anything? Not feeling like a house…

What’s Baby Like? According to The Bump, Baby is now the size of an eggplant.   Continuing to show brain activity, practicing breathing, and putting on fat – so maybe at least some of that 3 pounds went to plumping up Lucky instead of Mommy!

Movement: The pattern of movement is changing a bit.  I used to feel Baby most in the evening and when I first went to bed.  Now I feel most of the movement throughout the day with almost no movement in the evening / nighttime.  It’s a little sad since Alex now rarely gets to feel his or her movement (or anyone else for that matter), but maybe it’s a sign that this smart little baby already knows that nighttime is for sleeping.  We can only hope…

Food cravings: Still milk.  Not so much the peanut butter anymore.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Gender: Surprise for everybody!

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: Tired legs and feet.  No noticeable leg cramps this week.  Starting to feel out of breath when I talk for long periods of time.  Which is fun for a teacher teaching in 90 minute blocks…  Still feeling pretty great though.
Belly Button in or out? Still in but pretty flat.

Wedding rings on or off? Still on but feeling snug when I get really warm.

Happy or Moody most of the time: It’s hard to say this week.  I was definitely in a foul mood for most of the week.  I think my ‘Viola Swamp’ personality took over at school.  But I also think, given the events of the week, I would have been in said foul mood with or without pregnancy hormones.

Looking forward to: Having over a week away from school.  It’s a much-needed break.  And having Alex home for a week of vacation at the same time.  Also, random, but I’m getting excited for Easter.  It will be our first official holiday with a baby, and I’ll get to pick out Easter outfits and an Easter basket…. Is a few weeks old too young for an Easter bunny picture? And yes, I fully recognize my baby will have no idea what is going on, and that’s ok because it will totally be more for my enjoyment than anything else.  When do the stores start selling Easter stuff?????

No comments:

Post a Comment