Sunday, January 6, 2013

30 Weeks


Sunday, January 6, 2013
How far along? 30! weeks and a whole new year!
 Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: No gain or loss this week for a total of +22.6 – Apparently the Christmas junk recovery is taking place. :)

Maternity clothes? Yes.

Stretch marks? Sigh.  Maybe.  Small lines on my left side that are either stretch marks or visible veins…

Sleep: It seems I either sleep really well or not all.  Two nights this week, I struggled to fall asleep at all.  The rest I slept like a rock.  My hips are also a bit stiff/sore when I wake up in the morning.  It’s probably from sleeping on my side, which I am not used to at all.  It’s not enough to keep me awake, and it doesn’t bother me at all during the day.  Just need to do some stretching/movement when I first wake up.

Best moment this week: Starting off my birthday with a relaxing pregnancy massage.  Felt sooooooo good…..  I highly recommend it!  Also, now baby presents are starting to arrive!

Miss Anything? A nice hot cup of coffee to jump-start my day when I don’t sleep well…

What’s Baby Like? According to The Bump, Baby is now the size of a cucumber.  Whatever that means.  I’m pretty sure a cucumber is smaller than an acorn squash and a cantaloupe and a whole bunch of other fruit.  Hence the bread – courtesy of The Bump’s How Big is Baby Dad’s to Be Edition! Anyway, this week Baby’s brain is continuing to develop, and Baby’s strength is continuing to improve.  Lucky could probably grasp a finger if he/she was on the outside!

Movement: Movement is getting more consistent and frequent throughout the day, but overall they still feel like very gentle movements.  It feels more like flutters and bubbles and waves than punches and jabs and kicks.  I am starting to feel what I am pretty sure are hiccups too.  Also, in my very non-educated and un-medical opinion, Lucky is either head down or flipping around so that he or she is sometimes head-down.  The small, very rhythmic and repetitive movements that feel like hiccups are always down toward my pelvis, and any time I do feel what I consider a strong movement (which I associate with kicking and therefore legs), they are up by my ribs.  Who really knows though…

Food cravings: Not necessarily craving anything anymore.   

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.

Gender: Surprise for everybody!  Quote from my appointment this week: “The heartbeat looks like 140, which is right in the middle, so we can’t even guess based on that.  I guess this baby is determined to remain a surprise!”

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: Tired legs and feet.  More tired in general.  Occasionally, I feel a foot or leg cramp starting, but if I change position or quickly stretch my calves, it goes away.  Sometimes at the end of the day my belly feels a bit heavy.  Overall feeling good.
Saturday was a rough day though.  I was just very uncomfortable all day.  First, I woke up with a cough.  Then I think there was some sort of baby body part wedged up into my ribcage all afternoon making it difficult to move.  Then I started having some very strange and persistent back and ribcage discomfort all evening.  It literally hurt to breathe and the only thing that helped was lying on my left side with heat on my back….  I don’t know what Lucky was up to yesterday, but I’m hoping that it does not happen again!
Belly Button in or out? Still in but pretty flat.

Wedding rings on or off? Still on but feeling snug when I get really warm.  If I ever have a summer or early fall due date, I predict swelling right out of my rings…

Happy or Moody most of the time: Back to normal.  As much as I didn’t want to go back to school yet, I think I really needed the routine back in our days.  I’m already feeling the positive effects of consuming less sugary, creamy, rich, processed foods.  Although I will admit, this pregnant teacher can be a real beast.  Don’t mess with the hormones, kids.  The hormones always win.

Looking forward to: Getting the nursery painted (eeck! Still have to choose our final colors / design!) and the baby shower coming up at the end of January.  It will be nice to feel like we have a place to put this baby once he or she arrives.



No comments:

Post a Comment