Sunday, January 27, 2013

33 Weeks


Sunday, January 27, 2013
How far along? 33 weeks
 Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: Up just over half a pound this week for a total weight gain of +25.8 pounds.

Maternity clothes? Of course. 

Stretch marks? Maybe, maybe not.  Hard to get a good visual of my own stomach and sides right now…

Sleep: Decent this week.  I fall asleep with no problem but am having a hard time getting back to sleep after my bladder wakes me around 1 or 2 am.  It usually takes me an hour or two to fall back asleep, but I’ve found that practicing my relaxation and labor breathing facilitates that process, so I guess that’s a bonus.

Best moment this week: Baby shower on Saturday.  Time with family and friends, amazing food (Maggiano’s!), and baby presents.  What could be better?  Now the organizing, sorting, deciding, washing, and more buying can begin…
Momma also got a new set of wheels!  We decided that putting a newborn in a 10 year-old Blazer with a leaky roof and parts falling off of it would not be a responsible parenting decision, so we upgraded.  Plus, I was not about to mess around with a car seat and a two-door vehicle.  Figuring out my new car has been fun… and I’m not gonna lie, enjoying the heated and massaging seats has been a definite bonus!  Of all the fancy-dancy features though, I may be most excited about that fact that it only needs oil changes every 7,500 miles.  Awesome.

Miss Anything? Having champagne cocktails at a baby shower must qualify as some sort of cruel and unusual punishment.  Just saying.

What’s Baby Like? According to The Bump, Baby is now the size of a durian fruit.  Which is a rather unhelpful comparison as I have no idea what a durian fruit is.  Sounds like something you’d find on Star Trek.  Other, more relevant facts to note: average size is 17.2 – 18.7 inches, average weight is 4.2 – 5.8 pounds, eyes stay open while awake, breathing is starting to coordinate with sucking and swallowing, bones are hardening, and the brain is developing.

Movement: Still moving.  Movement is definitely different though.  Rather than jabs, punches, and kicks, it feels more like Lucky is nudging, pushing, and maneuvering as if to say, “Hey Mom, I’m kinda running out of room in here!”

Food cravings: Nothing that is sticking with me particularly.

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.

Gender: Still waiting to find out.  Lots of predictions this weekend at the baby shower.  Get your votes in now.  You have a 50-50 shot at being right! 

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: Some calf/foot cramps, but they weren’t severe.  Slightly restless legs at night lying on the couch.  And my lower back is occasionally stiff/sore.  Oddly though, it bothers me only very late at night if I wake up in bed and first thing in the morning.  As soon as I start moving, I feel back to normal.   I would have thought I’d get more bothered at the end of a long day, but I’ll take it.  Still feeling generally good. 
Belly Button in or out? Still in but there’s a tiny little lip at the top like its trying to poke out.  We shall see…

Wedding rings on or off? On during the day.  Off at night since I seem to get so hot while sleeping.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy this week, but my mood can turn on a dime.  Forewarned. 

Looking forward to: Throughout this pregnancy, whenever I have visualized that after part of pregnancy and getting to hold my real, live baby, I’ve been seeing sort of ‘generic Gerber baby.’  This week I realized that our baby won’t look like a generic Gerber baby.  No one knows what our baby will look like, and I am so excited to meet him or her and find out!

1 comment:

  1. We are getting near the home stretch. Seeing the baby's room starting to take shape has been fun.Can't wait to see a real live baby in there. Let's just hope the child likes "Elephants"! If anyone is interested this Gramma-to-be's favorite moments at the shower( besides the obvious one of having a happy, healthy expectant daughter) were Shirley Cushings heartfelt prayer, and the "Rock and Roll Never Forgets" onsie from Pat Seger.

    ReplyDelete