Sunday, February 3, 2013

34 Weeks


Sunday, February 3, 2013
Let’s just take a moment to acknowledge that it is February.  Lucky’s due date is March.  That is next month people. Holy.  Moly.
How far along? 34 weeks
 Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: Up almost 2.5 pounds this week for a total of 28.2.  Thank you Maggiano’s, Maggiano’s leftovers, a birthday party, and dinner at the Rochester Chop House.  Yikes.

Maternity clothes? You bet.  But I think I’ll be able to make it without buying a maternity winter coat.  I found a blue dress coat that has actually been too big for me for a couple of years that buttons comfortably, and I have an old leather jacket of Alex’s that is ridiculously huge, but it works.

Stretch marks? Maybe, maybe not.  Hard to get a good visual of my own stomach and sides right now…

Sleep: Actually really good this week.  I wake up twice a night to use the bathroom but go back to sleep right after.  I also may have fallen asleep on the couch Friday night before 8pm… and still slept in until 7:30 Saturday morning.  Don’t judge.

Best moment this week: An unexpected snow day on Monday!  This pregnant momma needed the day off.  Although I probably shouldn’t have used that time to shovel some very wet and heavy ice/snow.  After getting scolded by several people, I’ve learned my lesson and hung up my snow shovel until next year…

Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach.  Seeing my ankle bones.  Tying shoes without feeling like I’m crushing my insides.  You know, the little things you never knew to appreciate before…

What’s Baby Like? Baby is, of course, getting bigger.  Can now recognize and react to simple songs and is peeing about a pint a day.  (Out of curiosity, how do they know something like that???)

Movement: Still have the nudging, pushing, shoving going on.  Baby has been pretty active the last few days. And sometimes pushes out so hard I literally think he or she is trying to escape through my side…  My belly gets quite lopsided at times!

Food cravings: This week cereal sounds good all the time.  And sweets, too, unfortunately. Doing my best to curb that last one and get in as many veggies as a can with green smoothies during the day.

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.

Gender: Still a surprise.  But at my last appointment Baby’s heart rate was significantly higher than usual.  It has been pretty reliably in the 140s at every appointment, but this time it was 160.  So maybe a girl.  Or maybe Baby was just really active at the time.  Who knows…  We have an adorable going home outfit for either one, so I’m ready.  On that note, I found an adorable boutique in downtown Utica this week: It’s So Me    And, seriously, if we have a girl, it’s all over.  College is off the table because all our money will be spent on clothes.  Oh boy…

Labor Signs: My midwife confirmed that, as I’ve suspected for the last couple weeks, Lucky is head down and butt in the air.  Smart Baby! 
My mom says I’m starting to nest… basically because I’m freaking out about how much has to get done in a short period of time. You’d be freaking out too if you had only six weeks until your due date.  That’s, like, nothing.  And to make matters even more stressful, babies sometimes come early.  I was three weeks early.  That is not enough time.  I’m excited to meet you Lucky; I’m just not ready.  So please, just take your time in there...

Symptoms: One odd symptom cropped up this week: an occasionally numb/tingly feeling in a tiny oval area at the top of my uterus.  The interwebs world and my midwife confirmed that this is normal and nothing to worry about, but no one really knows what causes it.  I’ve also noticed that my ankles look and feel a bit swollen. Nothing sudden or severe though.  Some mild foot cramps throughout the week.  Slightly restless legs at night lying on the couch.  And my lower back / hips are occasionally stiff/sore when I first wake up.  I think it’s from sleeping on my side.  Oh, and occasionally feeling that warmer body temperature that comes with pregnancy hormones.  Not constantly, but sometimes my hands are slightly warmer than icy, which is unusual for me!
Belly Button in or out? Still in but there’s a tiny little lip at the top like it’s trying to poke out.  We shall see…

Wedding rings on or off? On during the day.  Off when I think I might get overheated and swell: at night and when working out.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy this week, but my mood can turn on a dime.  Forewarned. 

Looking forward to: Seeing how our maternity pictures turned out soon.  I was starting to worry that we wouldn’t be able to get them scheduled in time due to my procrastination.  I kept wanting to wait ‘just a little longer’ because I didn’t feel like I looked ‘pregnant enough’ but we finally got some taken today.

No comments:

Post a Comment