Sunday, February 17, 2013

36 Weeks


Sunday, February 17, 2013
How far along? 36 weeks and exactly one month to my due date.  
 Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: +just under 1.5 pounds this week for a total of 30.2 – just over that 30 pound threshold I was hoping to avoid but still within ‘recommended limits’… As usual, so over this part of pregnancy…  I seem to be rotating between a high gain one week/low gain the next.

Maternity clothes? You bet.  Although today I am wearing non-maternity yoga pants.  Those suckers will apparently fit pretty much any size!

Stretch marks? Getting even harder to get a good look around, but I think I see a few on my left side.  I do not see any on my right side or on my stomach.

Sleep: Overall pretty good but had my first truly ‘sleepless’ night.  It took me a long time to fall asleep initially.  I was up again by 1 am and tossing and turning.  I eventually threw in the towel and headed down to the couch for some TV.  I think infomercials put me to sleep around 4, and I was up again a little after 5…  I have no idea why.  I wasn’t uncomfortable or sore or sick or over-thinking or anything. And I was tired.  I just couldn’t fall asleep.  Let’s hope that doesn’t become a pattern.

Best moment this week: Another long weekend allowing me to feel like a fair amount of Baby stuff got done!  And V-Day flowers from my hubby <3

Miss Anything? Tying my shoes without feeling like I’m suffocating…  And heart-pounding, lung-bursting, sweat-inducing, calorie-burning Jillian workouts.  How many weeks post-baby until I can bang one of those suckers out????

What’s Baby Like? Baby is the size of a honeydew melon this week.  Most of Baby’s systems are in working order, like liver, kidneys, circulation, and immune system.  And he/she may even be able to breathe on his or her own if born now (don’t get any ideas Lucky!).  The scary part here is that doctors won’t do anything to stop labor if it starts now, so I’m hoping Lucky and my body behave for a few more weeks!

Movement: More nudging, pushing, and shoving.  There’s been one little spot on my right side that Lucky really seems to like to push on.  My midwife confirmed that it is his/her foot.  Once in a while when Baby really gets to pushing, I can actually see my belly change shape.  Weird.  But cool. 

Food cravings: Just the desire to be constantly snacking on something.  It’s like I’m never full. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: 30 pounds of weight gain.  Clearly this isn’t an issue for me.

Gender: Not until birth-day!

Labor Signs: Baby is still head down.  Nothing else.  I don’t even feel much like Baby has dropped or anything. Good.  I’m still a fan of Lucky staying put until his or her due date (or March 12th, which is just early enough to get Mommy out of P/T Conferences…). 

Symptoms: Most of the same symptoms continuing at a pretty minor level: numb/tingly feeling at the top of my uterus, slightly swollen ankles and fingers when I get too hot, slightly restless legs, tired legs, lower back getting a bit more sore but only off and on.  No foot/leg cramps this week.  Still overall feeling really good.
Belly Button in or out? Still in but the little lip at the top is a bit more prominent and shows through some shirts.  So half in/half out?  Is that a real thing?

Wedding rings on or off? On during the day.  Off when I think I might get overheated and swell: at night and when working out.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Quickly overwhelmed when things don’t go my way.  Advantage to this though: crying pregnant women make people nervous and led to my getting Alex’s Valentine’s Day present for free.   

Looking forward to: Enjoying this last month or so of pregnancy.  It just occurred to me that, as excited as I am to meet Lucky, once Lucky is out, I won’t be pregnant anymore.  And I won’t get to feel those sweet little kicks and wiggles and squirms.  And I’m going to miss that.  I feel incredibly blessed to have had such an easy pregnancy and am in no hurry for it to end…  Except that I do want to hold and cuddle and snuggle and love this little one too.  This really is one situation where I can’t ‘have my cake and eat it too,’ so I’ll just have to enjoy this part as much as possible before moving onto the next wonderful phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment