Sunday, February 24, 2013

37 Weeks


Sunday, February 24, 2013
How far along? 37 weeks.  Full term.  On the one hand, it’s exciting to have reached this important milestone.  On the other hand, it sort of just reminds me of all the stuff that I have left to do…  
 Due Date: March 17th
Total weight gain: + 1 pound this week for a total gain of 31.2 pounds.
The funny part is, people keep telling me that I look like I haven’t gained a lot of weight or that I’m small.  But the scale doesn’t lie, and the scale clearly shows that I have no problem gaining weight when pregnant.

Maternity clothes? Yes.  And, by the way, I officially think that after 37 weeks of pregnancy, sweat pants should be considered appropriate work attire.

Stretch marks? Still just a maybe on my side.  None that I can see on my stomach.

Sleep: One pretty sleepless night this week (not as bad as last week’s though).  Other than that, I am still sleeping like a champ.
In fact, I’m starting to think that I’m sleeping too well… Alex gets phone calls in the middle of the night, and I never hear the phone ring.  I hope that I am a bit more sensitive to Lucky’s cries…

Best moment this week: Still getting a pretty full night’s sleep 6/7 nights!

Miss Anything? Not having to hoist myself out of chairs?  And wine.

What’s Baby Like? Baby is the size of a winter melon this week.   Baby is about 18.9-20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 – 9.2 pounds (momma is hoping Lucky is at the lower end of that spectrum!)  There isn’t a whole lot of development left, so this little guy or girl is working on getting bigger by gaining about ½ an ounce a day.  And he or she is practicing some skills like inhaling, exhaling, gripping, and sucking.  My little Lucky is so talented!

Movement: Lucky likes to fist pump and poke me with his or her feet.  For the first time this week Grandpa Seger and Great-Aunt Nancy were able to feel some of the fist pumping!  I am now occasionally getting some jabs to my ribs (probably legs) and my right hipbone (probably a fist) but nothing painful. 

Food cravings: Red meat, specifically hamburgers.  Possibly my body preparing for the inevitable iron loss to come… 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Definitely no.

Gender: Lots of people have guesses but no one knows!

Labor Signs: Baby is still head down and in good position.  I think I may be feeling very occasional Braxton-Hicks contractions.  I’m not even certain about that, but when I work out, once or twice during the cardio it will feel like all of a sudden Baby got bigger and space in his or her uterine home gets really tight for about 30 seconds.  Nothing at all painful since I just keep working out right through them, but I can’t imagine what else would cause that sensation.

Symptoms: Most noticeable is the numb/tingly feeling at the top of my uterus.  My lower back aches more consistently, but it is in no way severe.  My legs get tired quickly thanks to carrying around the extra weight.  And a few minor leg cramps again.  Restless legs on the couch in the evening but still not bothering me at all in bed thankfully.  All pretty typical and very minor and overall manageable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment