Monday, June 11, 2012

Product Review: Trader Joe's Seasoned Brussels Sprouts

I tend to be a creature of habit.  Especially with things I don't particularly like.  Example: grocery shopping.  I buy the same milk.  The same yogurt.  The same fruit.  The same vegetables.  Because I know where it all is, and I can get in and out as fast as possible.

Alex on the other hand like to peruse.... explore.... wander....

With his schedule right now, we don't grocery shop together open, but when we do, sometimes I need to employ my deep-breathing techniques.... (Now, I do like to try new stuff.  I just like to have found an exact idea with a recipe before going to the grocery store so that I can have it on my List.  If it's not on my List, I'm probably not even going to notice it in the store.)

I was in the produce section getting my usuals and trying decide what vegetables I wanted to get for a couple of dinners last week when Alex showed up with this package:






Super easy to put together: open package, warm olive oil in plan, saute sprouts till done (about 10 - 12 minutes).



Were they the most amazing brussels sprouts I had ever eaten?  No.


Were they tasty?  Definitely.


The nicest part was not having to cut them up.  Especially since our main course was the leftover pork chops from this recipe, and it was nice to have a meal that was pretty effortless from start to finish.  I'll continue making my own current favorite brussels sprouts recipe and trying new ones... But having patience with Alex's exploratory shopping tendencies paid off to have this option in mind when I want quick, easy, and nutritious.



P.S.  When I read about yummy products on other blogs, I usually see disclaimers about not getting 'compensated' for their opinion.  So, not that anyone would, but um, I wasn't compensated or given free food (darn!).  I just wanted to share in case anyone else is a tunnel vision grocery shopper like myself and needed a nudge to get the blinders off...

No comments:

Post a Comment