Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Grilled Pork Chops with Garlic Lime Sauce

While I love grilling (and I do!), I'm already finding it hard to continually come up with new recipes for those weeks when we grill almost.every.single.day.  The grill just makes the basics taste so darn good on their own that I'm not quite as motivated to switch it up...  Add that to avoiding buying large amounts of new ingredients that may or may not be used before packing it all up...  And add that to living in a temporary home without the vast majority of my cooking supplies accessible for about a month... And add that to moving, unpacking, and adjusting to a new house and well....  The months of June and July may be pretty scarce on this here blog...

But I'm trying, so for now:


Recipe:
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (For the record, I hate recipes that call for lime juice in 'cup' measurements.  How do I know  how many limes it takes to get to 1/4 cup?  How does that help me in the grocery store?  So to make this easier in the future, 2 limes was just shy of 1/4 cup.)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried hot-red pepper flakes (Rather than buy red hot pepper flakes, I substituted cayenne pepper.)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
4-6 boneless pork chops

Whisk together lime juice, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, and salt.

Add olive oil in a slow stream and whisk thoroughly.


Whisk in cilantro.


Season pork chops with salt and pepper.  Prepare on grill.  Serve drizzled with garlic lime sauce with remainder on the side.


Fresh watermelon made the perfect side dish!

Verdict:
At first this didn't do much for us.  The flavor of the sauce was good but..... Just drizzling it over the top didn't really overwhelm us with the flavor...

That's when my genius husband (I knew I married him for a reason) decided to try dipping his bites into the sauce.

Much better.

I will definitely be making this sauce again, but I envision it needing those mini bowls on the side - like the kind you get soy sauce in at a hibachi restaurant.

And no, we don't have any bowls like that right now.  And yes, we did both dip our pork chop bites into the same container.  Don't judge.  We're married; germs don't count.

No comments:

Post a Comment