Friday, December 16, 2011

Newport on the Levee Holiday Light Show

I love the Christmas season!

Ornaments.  Snow.  Egg nogg.  Cookies.  Family.  Friends.  Shopping.  Music.  Cards.  Happiness.  Good cheer.  LIGHTS!

Lights may well be my favorite part of this time of year.  For years as a child my whole family would pack into the car and drive around looking at spectacular light displays.  Of course, my parents always have their own outdoor light display and a towering indoor Christmas tree that defies description.  Even pictures don't do it justice.  If you stop by, bring sunglasses.  The impact is blinding.

And I love every second of it.

This year I decided to get some of my Christmas light fix by dragging Alex down to the riverfront to see a holiday light show.  The lights are synchronized to music by the Trans Siberian Orchestra.  (Also completely awesome.)

No snow but the spirit of Christmas was definitely in the air!






Enjoy your own holiday celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment