Monday, February 27, 2012

Parmesan Roasted Green Beans

Green beans have long been one of my favorite vegetables.  You wouldn't know if from reading this blog though.  I've posted about them exactly zero times and cooked them exactly once in the last seven months (seven months?  where did the time go?).

This void needed to be quickly rectified, and this recipe found on Pinterest was the perfect opportunity!

Recipe: (This one is sooooooo simple I'm typing it from memory...)
12 ounces of green beans for 4 servings
olive oil
sea salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
parmesan cheese

(I only made enough for two, so I also cut down the garlic powder to 1/8 of a teaspoon.)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Wash, trim, and pat dry green beans.  Add green beans to baking tray.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper, salt, and garlic powder.  Toss to make sure coated evenly.

Roast in oven for 10 minutes.  Shake the tray and turn.  Roast for another 5 minutes.  (I also cut the baking time for half the amount down to 6 minutes, turn, then 4 minutes.)

Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.

Verdict:
Yum!  I love green beans in their purest state, I really do.  In fact, when I'm cleaning and trimming them, I almost always sneak a raw one or two.  And usually I just prepare them with a quick steam, maybe a little balsamic vinegar.  This recipe was just as simple yet full of interesting flavors.  I don't know that there is any vegetable that can't be improved with a dash of garlic powder and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

So if you're a green bean fan, and even if you're not, you should give this recipe a try.  You'll be delighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment