Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Individual Chocolate Cake

Chocolate cake has never been my favorite thing.  I love chocolate, and I love cake, but if I'm picking a cake, 99.9% of the time, I'll pick a non-chocolate variety.

Then again, sometimes a girl's just gotta have some chocolate, and this is an easy, quick, and delicious way to get that fix!

Recipe: (from Sweet Peas and Pumpkins)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
1/4 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons oil
a small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to a large, microwave safe mug and mix well.

In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla.  Pour into the mug and mix well.


Microwave on high for 3 minutes.  Remove from microwave and turn mug upside down over a plate.

Let cool and eat. (A la mode would be great!  I added chocolate chips to Alex's mug and mint chocolate Andes pieces to mine.)


Verdict:
Obviously this is not going to fool anyone into thinking they've had a gourmet dessert.  Still, for a non-chocolate cake lover, it was pretty good.  Warm.  Gooey.  Single-serving sized, so I didn't feel like I had a ton of leftover dessert calling my name for days....  Easy to make and all ingredients I typically have on hand.  Definitely something I'll keep in mind the next time I 'need' a chocolate fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment