Monday, November 14, 2011

White Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies

Yum.

Yum.

Yum.

There is no part of that name that doesn't speak to my soul.

Actually, Alex is the one who requested that I make this particular gem.  He likes to make fun of me and my blogging investigations.... but I know he's really reading over my shoulder because every once in awhile I hear exclamations of, "What's that?" "That looks yummy!" "You should make that one!"

He is also the most forgetful man I've ever met.  So when I finally got around to making these, he had no recollection of having begged for them.  (Fortunately for his patients, his forgetfulness only extends to all things involving scheduling, social commitments, and off-hand conversations between the two of us.  Medical stuff sticks to his brain just fine.)

But seriously, the next time your sweet tooth is screaming too loud to ignore, consider this!

Recipe:
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butterscotch chips, melted
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil and spray foil with nonstick spray.  (Diva Note: OR use Reynold's brand new non-stick baking sheets.  This is the second time I've used them, and they work like a charm!)

In your mixer, combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.  Mix on medium until combined. (This was the first use for my super awesome Kitchen Aid stand mixer.  LOVE it!  Love that it can whir away while I double check directions, get another ingredient, snap a picture.  Awesome to have another set of hands in the kitchen.)


 On low speed, add in melted butterscotch chips and mix until smooth, scraping sides as needed.

Turn mixer back to low and add baking soda, salt, and flour.  Mix until just combined.  Add white chocolate chips and mix until incorporated evenly.

Spread in pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.  When done, let cool before cutting into squares.


The absolute beauty of this Reynold's product...  Lifts right out of the pan.... Paper does not stick to baked good at all...  No clean-up of baking pan required!   Which is an amazing thing when your sink is already full of this...

Verdict:
Like you even have to ask!  Alex and I both loved it.  It was best when we microwaved a bar for about 10 seconds.  Not really enough to heat it but enough to be perfectly moist and gooey...  My only regret at this point is that an 8 x 8 pan is so small...

1 comment:

  1. Funny you should say that - the lady that first posted the recipe claims not to like butterscotch but loved these! Which reminds me, I forgot to credit the recipe: found it at http://cookiesandcups.com/. Warning: read this blog only if you have superhuman willpower OR really want some buttery, sugary, fattening delights!

    ReplyDelete