Friday, January 27, 2012

Paprika Spiced Pork Chops

Sometimes a side dish looks so good that I get caught up in preparing that for dinner and forget that duh, I need a main course too.  These brussels sprouts were one of those times.  So I scrounged through my freezer coming up with either pork chops or chicken breasts.

The internet is a wonderful thing because 10 minutes of browsing later, I had this recipe for pork chops from Real Simple and a real plan for dinner.  Saved!

Recipe:
(Technically the recipe is for Paprika Spiced Pork Chops with Spinach Saute - but I just made the pork chop part.  Click here if you want the full recipe.)

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 boneless pork chops (I only made three though)
1 teaspoon paprika (I used smoked paprika)
kosher salt and black pepper

Heat the oven to 400 degrees.  Heat the oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.  Season the chops with the paprika, salt, and pepper on both sides.

Cook in the pan until browned, 2-3 minutes per side.

Place the skillet in the oven and bake pork chops until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes (although mine were massively thick and took more like 18-20 minutes to be sure they were fully cooked).

Verdict:
Good.  Tender.  Juicy.  Simple to make.  It takes a lot for me to not like a pork chop, but the brussels sprouts were still the highlight of the meal!

1 comment:

  1. I think the brussels sprouts look better than the spinach anyway. Not so much a fan of cooked spinach as a side dish. Popeye would be ashamed of me!

    ReplyDelete