Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Kitchen Gadget!

Back to that awesome Williams-Sonoma cooking class.

Of course in addition to the food they cook, they do try and sell a product or two to the audience.  It is a business after all.  I have to say that the class I took was extremely low pressure.  They used a couple fancy products from the store and mentioned how / where you could find them of course.  The store personnel was more than happy to give explanations and advice.  But it was all very laid back.

One of the dishes the instructor made that night was a Steak and Arugula Salad with Oranges. It was delicious and served with a very simple dressing made of olive oil and lime juice.

I had been thinking for awhile about making my own salad dressings once in awhile.  Mainly because the only salad dressing I really like is crazy expensive and never on sale.  But to do that I would need something to mix salad dressing in.

Voila!

The coolest part is the device on the inside that mixes the salad dressing up without having to pour the bottle.  So far I've only made the basic Balsamic Vinaigrette from the side of the bottle, but I'll be trying more soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment